POP ADVANCED: EVENT PLANNER FOR LIFE
EVENT PLANNING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM $995 (regular price $1,595)
Think about where you want your career to be in the next 3-5 years! This workshop is your professional development plan that advances your career, your leadership, and your influence. Beginners are welcome to attend. The POP Advanced Workshop is designed for individuals seeking a professional career as a Certified Event Planner.
Upon successful completion, you will earn the credentials CEP (Certified Event Planner), indicating 16 formal education hours. The event certification is renewable every 2 calendar years for 4 years for your professional development.
The Event Planning Certificate Program is for anyone responsible for:
- Special Events
- Quarterly Meetings
- Non-Profit Events
- Corporate Events
Do these situations sound familiar?
- You are trapped organizing a major event for your organization with no training or real prior experience?
- There’s no way you can plan and lead an event on top of all your other work!
- The event date is getting closer and since you don’t know what to do, you are procrastinating, which makes the situation worse!
- You don’t know what questions to ask to even get started but it gets more critical with every passing day!
Does this sound like you?
- If I had a bigger budget, I could do better events!
- Planning this event is frustrating because I still have my regular work to do!
- This event got dumped on me. Everyone just left me to figure this out alone!
- I can’t do this!
After this POP Advanced Workshop, you will know the secrets to making your next conference, meeting, or special event a success.
As the Event Planner, you are responsible for making sure that nothing goes wrong but anyone that has ever planned an event will tell you that if something can go wrong, it will! This workshop is designed to make you think of every possibility to make sure your events are seamless.
We understand that event planning may not be your primary job, maybe you’re the manager or the executive assistant and this responsibility landed in your lap! No worries! This course will teach a newbie to a seasoned pro the strategies and techniques to plan a successful event.
At the end of this POP Advanced Workshop, you will be able to master the details and organize events from start to finish:
- Understand the fundamentals of event planning
- Manage the details that can slip through the cracks of most events
- Negotiate the best deals with vendors such as florists, caterers, and photographers
- Plan a realistic budget, timeline, and agenda and stay on track from start to finish
- Know your critical tasks within 6 months – 1 year
- How to create a working timeline
- Handle setup and teardown schedules efficiently
- Conduct a post-mortem (follow up summary) to assess and improve your events
- Identify the 7 things every event planner should know how to do
- How much cushion to add to your budget
- How to create a unified and engaging event experience
- How to incorporate social media PRE, DURING, and POST events for exposure
- How to start your own event planning business
- How to find and train volunteers to get the best results for their time and efforts
- How to create a comprehensive event planning portfolio
- Four years of professional development for your career or business
After the POP Advanced training, please request your final assessment to determine your event certification eligibility.
The Event Planning Certificate Program is non-refundable or transferable.
Core course content includes:
• Introduction to Special Events
• Meeting Planning Basics
• Food and Beverage Planning
• Event Marketing and Promotion
• Site Selection and Contract Negotiation
• Financial Management of Meetings & Events
• Starting your Own Business in the Meeting and Event Planning Industry
• Sponsorship and Fundraising
• Social Media in Event Marketing and Planning
• Event Portfolio Tips
COURSE CONTENT DESCRIPTIONS
Introduction to Special Events
Learn how to plan successful special events such as receptions, grand openings, and theme parties. We will provide you with the basic guidelines and tips you need to identify the purpose of the event.
Meeting Planning Basics
You have been given the responsibility of planning an event. Let us show you where to begin. By learning just a few of the basic concepts involved in planning a meeting, you can ensure a smooth running meeting.
Food and Beverage Planning
Learn how to enhance your programs with successful food and beverage planning. We will explain policies and guarantees. We will teach you how to effectively communicate with catering staff and on-site coordination guidelines.
Event Marketing and Promotion
Effective marketing and promotion to your audience is critical to your event's success. You will learn practical marketing strategies.
Site Selection & Negotiation
Selecting a location is a complicated process involving more than just booking rooms or choosing menus. We will cover the difference between venues to help you make the best decision based on your client's budget.
Financial Management of Meetings and Events
Creating a budget and developing a plan to implement it are essential for the success of any meeting or event. Participants will learn how to forecast revenues and expenses.
Starting your Own Business in the Meeting and Event Planning Industry
When is the best time to start your own business? Think you have what it takes to succeed? We will explore the basics in building an event business, from building your reputation to effective marketing, available resources and the necessary steps to help you succeed.
Sponsorships and Fundraising
Learn how to generate multiple revenue streams, design and sell corporate sponsorships.
Social Media in Event Marketing and Planning
Learn how to use Social Media to increase attendance at your meeting or event. A lack of event marketing is the number one reason why events fail. Marketing starts months prior to the event with announcing. During the event you can continue to market to those who couldn't make it. After the event you can promote your next event.
Event Portfolio Tips
Learn how to create a portfolio with or without experience by using the tools and resources obtained in the Event Planning Certificate Program.
Helena Paschal is armed with a Master's degree in Communication, a Bachelor's degree in Speech Communication, and a Certification in Hospitality Management. She is a Pryor Certified Professional Trainer with strong presentation skills and 15 years of teaching experience.
As an Event Planner, she has planned over 500 successful events including Exhibitions, Conferences, Food Festivals, Golf Tournaments, and Product Launches for corporations, non-profit organizations, and individuals.
She is energetic and engaging with a demonstrated thought leadership ability to form strong customer relationships. She has trained numerous colleges including Harvard, MIT, UCLA, and Fortune 500 companies ranging from NASA to Delta Airlines.
She has been featured in Forbes for leadership and countless event publications and blogs from Hostess with the Mostess, Catch My Party, Kara's Party Ideas and many more. You can count on Helena Paschal to give you a dynamic and motivating presentation and training session.
StartTraining Before the Training: What is an Event Planner? (7:07)
StartDefine Event Goals and SMART Objectives (2:26)
StartThe Scope of an Event: Corporate Events vs Social Events (3:21)
StartHow to Create an Agenda and Overview Grid (10:57)
StartHow to Create an Event Budget (7:07)
StartHow to Conduct an Event Planning Consultation (17:31)
StartHow to Create a Timeline (7:30)
StartWhat is Emotional Currency? (6:48)
StartHow to Ease Travel Stess (5:56)
StartHow to Price Your Event Services to Generate an Income (50:43)
StartHow to Create a Sponsorship Package (6:19)
StartMeeting Planning Basics (13:05)
StartHow to Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (4:24)
StartSite Selection Questions (6:35)
StartFood and Beverage Planning (8:03)
StartStaffing and Volunteers (7:35)
StartEvent Marketing and Social Media
StartHow to Create a Post Mortem (Follow Up Summary) (3:34)
StartHow to Start an Event Planning Business (8:14)
StartHow to Create an Event Planning Portfolio (7:13)